The United States has had its fair share of people who have reached remarkable heights, quite literally. While the exact ranking of the top 10 tallest people in the country is difficult to determine as it requires access to detailed information, there are certainly several notable individuals who have achieved significant heights.
From historical figures like Robert Wadlow and John Rogan to contemporary sports stars such as Shaquille O’Neal and Yao Ming, the following list provides a glimpse into the world of the tallest people to have lived in the United States.
Whether through genetics, nutrition, or other factors, these individuals have all achieved heights that are truly remarkable and have left a lasting impression on the world around them.
1. Robert Wadlow – Known as the “Gentle Giant,” Robert Wadlow was the tallest person in recorded history, standing at 8 feet, 11 inches (2.72 meters) tall.
2. John Rogan – John Rogan was the second tallest person in recorded history, standing at 8 feet, 9 inches (2.67 meters) tall.
3. John Carroll Lynch – John Carroll Lynch is an American actor who is 6 feet, 3 inches (1.91 meters) tall.
4. Peter Mayhew – Peter Mayhew was a British-American actor best known for playing Chewbacca in the Star Wars films. He was 7 feet, 2 inches (2.18 meters) tall.
5. Shaquille O’Neal – Shaquille O’Neal is a retired professional basketball player who is 7 feet, 1 inch (2.16 meters) tall.
6. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a retired professional basketball player who is 7 feet, 2 inches (2.18 meters) tall.
7. Yao Ming – Yao Ming is a retired Chinese professional basketball player who played in the NBA and is 7 feet, 6 inches (2.29 meters) tall.
8. Andre the Giant – Andre the Giant was a French professional wrestler and actor who was 7 feet, 4 inches (2.24 meters) tall.
9. Neil Fingleton – Neil Fingleton was a British actor and former professional basketball player who stood at 7 feet, 7.5 inches (2.33 meters) tall.
10. George Bell – George Bell was an American man who was recognized as the tallest living person by Guinness World Records in 1977, standing at 7 feet, 10 inches (2.39 meters) tall.