Micky Dolenz is an American musician, actor, and television personality best known as the lead vocalist and drummer of the iconic band “The Monkees.” He was born in Los Angeles, California, and comes from a family with a background in show business.
- Birthday: 8th March 1945
- Age: 78
- Height: 6 feet 0 inches
- Net worth: $20 million
- Profession: Musician, Actor, Television Personality
- Micky Dolenz rose to fame as a member of “The Monkees,” a popular band formed for a TV show in the 1960s. The band achieved massive success with hits like “I’m a Believer” and “Last Train to Clarksville.”
- Apart from his music career, Micky has had a successful acting career, appearing in various TV shows and musicals over the years.
- In the 1970s, Micky faced some criticism from critics who claimed that “The Monkees” were a manufactured band and lacked true musical talent.
- In the 1980s, there was a brief dispute among the band members over creative differences, leading to a temporary breakup.
Lesser known facts:
- Before joining “The Monkees,” Micky Dolenz had a background in acting and had previously appeared in TV shows like “Circus Boy” as a child actor.
- He was the only member of “The Monkees” who actually knew how to play a musical instrument (drums) before the band was formed.
- Micky’s sister, Coco Dolenz, is also involved in the entertainment industry and has worked as a singer and actress.
- Apart from his work in music and acting, Micky Dolenz has been involved in directing and producing various television shows and documentaries.